Saturday 30 June 2012

Picture Time


As Mr. Lee from Sci-FiveProductions has requested, here are some photos along the way of my trip. This will be my last post for a bit because I have unfortunately had to return home for a week. A very close family friend died of cancer on Thursday and so I took the first flight from Deer Lake home to attend the funeral. I would like to mention how wonderful the employees at Deer Lake Airport and WestJet are, as they helped me get home on such short notice. My bike is safely stored until my return and I was able to get away earlier than I originally thought possible. I am extremely grateful for all their help.

Although Grace was not related by blood she was in every way a part of our family, extremely loved and will be missed immensely. I feel very fortunate that I was able to see her the day before I left on my journey and I know that she was following me and will continue to follow me along the way when I return to my travels on Friday. The rest of my cycle I dedicate to Grace, who has always been a constant rock of support throughout my entire life and I am so far beyond fortunate to have been able to have had such a loving, caring, and wonderful person a part of my life.

Good bye Toronto!
Hello Newfoundland!
St. John's really is as colourful as they say :)
I made it to the ends of the country! :p
The newest Cape Spear Lighthouse
The original Cape Spear Lighthouse
View from Signal Hill
My official certificate that I'm an official Newfie :D
Where I stopped to camp after my first day of cycling
First off road campsite!
View during second day of cycling, just before stopping for the night
Almost the second off road campsite (thank goodness I was saved from this one!)
Made it to Terra Nova!!!
I took this picture just in case that was going to be the only moose I got to see on this trip :)
The starfish I held at the Visitor Centre in Terra Nova National Park
View on the Goowiddy Path in Terra Nova
Made it to the first lookout point on the Outport Trail in Terra Nova
Bear track along the Outport Trail....
I'm guessing this was that bear's meal...
Newman Sounds Campground in Terra Nova. Yes, that's right, I hung up my laundry to dry! I'm amazing ;)
Possibly the best sign ever. Let it be known, the moose always wins!
The Tickle full of fog in Gros Morne National Park
Berry Hill Pond, Gros Morne National Park
BEAVER!!!! (In Berry Hill Pond)
Bakers Brook Falls, Gros Morne National Park
Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse, Gros Morne National Park
At random places within Gros Morne Park there are these lovely deck chairs. I thought it was pretty great :)
Norris Point, Gros Morne National Park
Neat wood formation along the James Callaghan Trail in Gros Morne 
View along the James Callaghan Trail



First rest stop along the James Callaghan Trail





Me in front of Gros Morne Mountain on the James Callaghan Trail. Believe  it or not, but I'm not actually trying to pose for this picture. The wind was so strong I was catching my hat from flying away at the same time as trying to stop my shirt from getting blown upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment