Friday 6 July 2012

On the road again

So here I am at Pearson Airport waiting in the Premium Lounge (what up!) and ready to restart my journey in Newfoundland. My flight leaves at 9:30 am EDT and arrives in Deer Lake around 2 pm ADT (I think) and then I head east towards Port Blandford. I expect I'll be able to start riding by 3 pm which gives me about 4 hours of riding time, hopefully it's nice out and there will be a wind behind me so that I can cover a good distance. It's a beautiful morning here in Toronto and I hear it's quite sunny in Deer Lake as well so I'm hoping that stays true and keeps up for the rest of my cycling. Is it so wrong that I really don't want to cycle in the rain? Lol. I'll do it if I have to, but I'm still going to pray and hope I won't have to :)

I'm expecting to take a week to get to Port Blandford, because it's a bit of a longer route since I found a coastal way for some of the distance. I'll be taking the Trans-Canada Highway until the exit for Lewisporte and then I will be riding along highways 340, 330, and 320 ending in Gambo at which point I'll take the bus to Port Blandford because there is absolutely no way I am cycling through Terra Nova Park again...although I would get to go down that grandmother of a hill this time instead of up it, and that's somewhat tempting :) but there is also a time constraint as I have to get to a wedding in Bonavista for the 14th of July.

The next few posts will most likely be from my phone and will also most likely be short as I'm sure all I'll really have to say is: "I biked and biked all day today, it was fabulous!" and "I'm stil alive." ;) so anyone reading this will have to wait a week until something interesting pops up on this blog again, hahaha. :p Now I'm off to watch the airplanes while I wait to board because I'm a kid at heart and still think planes are fascinating and incredibly cool!! (hmmmm....maybe this is why people I meet think I'm so much younger than I am, hahaha, love it!) :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment